Benefits of Tallow for Skincare
Utilizing as much of our animals as possible has always been focus for me so the decision to begin creating tallow skincare products from the byproducts of our beef production was a no-brainer for me. I initially started making tallow just for myself to alleviate some eczema I was struggling with on my wrist—it worked wonders! Given the volume of cattle we process each month, there was simply too much product for my own personal use and I am so glad I took the leap and started creating our own Tallow Skincare line. I have honestly been blow away by the feedback from our customers and receive message daily about the difference our tallow has made for their skin!
Curious about tallow and it’s benefits for your skin, let’s break it down!
- Moisturizing: Tallow is an excellent moisturizer for the skin. It is high in saturated and monounsaturated fats, which helps to hydrate and nourish the skin. The fatty acids in tallow are also similar in composition to human skin, which allows it to be easily absorbed and utilized by the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory: Tallow has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe and calm irritated skin. It contains a natural form of vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant and helps to reduce inflammation. This makes it an ideal ingredient for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Nutrient-rich: Tallow is rich in nutrients that are essential for healthy skin. It contains vitamins A, D, K, and E, as well as essential fatty acids like omega-3 and omega-6. These nutrients work together to nourish the skin, promote collagen production, and improve skin elasticity.
- Natural: Tallow is a natural ingredient that has been used for centuries. It is free from synthetic chemicals, preservatives, and fragrances that can irritate the skin. This makes it a great option for those with sensitive or allergy-prone skin.
- Environmentally-friendly: Tallow is a byproduct of the meat industry, which means that it is a sustainable and environmentally-friendly ingredient. Using tallow in skincare products can help reduce waste and promote a more sustainable approach to skincare.
In a world where plant based and synthetic ingredients dominate the skincare industry, it's refreshing to rediscover a product that our ancestors have been using for centuries. Looking for a more natural skincare routine, then it might be time to consider incorporating tallow-based products into your daily regimen for a natural, timeless glow that has worked for myself and so many of our customers!
Interested in purchasing some of our whipped tallow balm? Buy here.